Willodell Golf Club
Code of Conduct
The intention of this policy is to establish clear and acceptable behaviour expectations for the Willodell Golf Club (herein referred to as the “club”) members, employees and guests. The intent is to ensure that all persons are treated with dignity and respect while, playing, working or volunteering at Willodell Golf Club course, practice facilities and clubhouse.
The Club’s vision is a welcoming community for all. To that end, the objective of this policy is to ensure an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, abuse and violence for members, employees, and guests.
By applying for and accepting membership in the Club, every member is deemed to agree to the following:
- Their privileges and rights are governed by the Club bylaws, policies and rules; and
- The conduct of each member is subject to the Club bylaws, policies and rules.
All members and guests will:
- Conduct themselves with personal integrity and in a sportsmanlike manner.
- Respect the rights of all other members, employees and guests.
- Not engage in any form of discrimination or harassment.
- Respect the golf course, equipment and facilities.
- Abide by all local, provincial and national laws and regulations.
- Be an ambassador for Willodell Golf Club.
Members must understand that:
They have no authority to instruct staff on duties or job performance; Club management is responsible for instructing staff in performance of their duties. Constructive comments regarding the operation of the club, for the betterment of the club, are to be directed to the General Manager or to a board member.
Members behaviour must always be respectful in dealing with employees, management, other members and guests.
The management of the Club has the authority, to enforce the Code of Conduct with any members who are in violation. This may include suspension of rights and privileges of the offending member and / or termination of membership.
Based on the severity of the misconduct, the Willodell Golf Club may apply any of the following penalties for the Code of Conduct Code violations:
- Issue a verbal or written warning to the member.
- Suspend the member.
- Expel the member
- All violations of the Willodell Golf Club Code of Conduct shall be cumulative during his/her membership period and actions/letters will be kept on file with the General Manager.
- A member who has been suspended or terminated shall not be invited by another member or guest to the Club.
Willodell Golf Club
General Manager / Board of Directors
May 1, 2006